Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: RE: Walt Hamler And Telescopes:

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Walt Hamler on March 25, 2000 14:09:50 UTC

Thanks for the info about the not so dark skies! It really is depressing because 20+ years ago everyone was saying how bad it was going to get- and now it must be here!! I just read the article in S&T or Astronomy about the development group in Tuscon threatening lawsuits if the astronomers didn`t give their blessing to more development in the valleys below Kitt Peak and other So. AZ observatories. How brazen can you get.
I was looking for a copy of those proceedings myself, but I guess maybe I didn`t get on as I can find all the others I attended bu that one. I remember I camped at a site in San Marcos with a young college student that was helping Gene Schoomaker and his wife when they first started using the old 18" schmidt camera there at Palomar for the asteroit project. He took me up there one night early and showed me how the camera worked.
Send me your email. whamler@gdi.net
Walt Hamler

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins