Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Some Questions About Telescope Making

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by YUSUKE KATAYAMA/">YUSUKE KATAYAMA on April 4, 1998 07:59:41 UTC

Hi, I am Yusuke. This is my first time to E-mail to this homepage.

I am now planning to make a 12.5" dobsonian telescope(f/6) and this is my first try to build a telescope. I am intersested in observing planet and galaxies.

Before finishing to design my telescope, I would feel comfortable if the following matters are made clear to me.

1)How does the baffle work and how can I decide the position of baffle?

2)I am going to cut 2.2m tube in 3 pieces, first piece with primary mirror(0.3m), second piece tube itself(1.2m), and third piece with secondary mirror/spider/focuser(0.7m). When I use it, I have to connect these pieces firm. This is because I have to bring this telescope by normal 4 door car(not wagon). Are there any good ways to connect the tube firmly?

3)What is the merit to induce 2" focuser compared with smaller focuser?

4)As for secondary mirror size, which is better to choose a mirror which is a little bit larger than the ideal size or a little bit smaller than the ideal size to observe planets.

5)Merits and demerits of curved spiders.

Any replies for my any questions are much appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins