Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Right Ascension

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Tom P/">Tom P on February 2, 2000 17:49:12 UTC

Hi I'm alittle confused on where the starting point is for Right Ascension. I know its where the sun passing on the ecliptic meets the horizon on the fisrt day on spring (The vernal equinox.) But how do you find it now or at any other time of the year. Is it just due EAst because isn't that exactly where the sun rises on the first day of spring. I read a lot of books and articles on this subject but I cdonstantly get confused more and more. I know its probablky very simple I probably just been think about it too much you know how that happens. Can Some one please explian this sublect too me in the simplest terms??? Thanks It Will Be Greatly Greatly Appreciated. Thanks A MIllion Tom P

This Forum Is Great I'M SO Slad I Found IT!!!!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins