Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Dilworth Relay Telescope

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Joe/">Joe on January 3, 2000 02:25:01 UTC

Hello Robert May and others,,

I think I may have found an optical design that might be useable with this primary I have.

Remember it is a 15" f-1,, (well almost f-1 it has a radius if 32" so it has a 15" focal length) Now for the problem at hand,, exacting design paramaters.. for the relay lens section, as well as if the "secondary" should have any curve at all. This scope is claiming to be all surfaces are shperical, and with a 15" f-1 I'm glad of that.

But does anyone out there have any specs as to anything dealing with this scope. The only place on the web I have found so far are the addresses below and the link.. the drawing below is from the gentleman that is building one now. He hasn't answered an e-mail I sent so far.. and I dont know if the drawing is to scale or not,, but if it is it looks as if his primary will be a f 3.5 or so..

can anyone help me with this project,, and or if you think it is possible? Thanks a lot!!

Joe

http://hometown.aol.com/jdupton/dilworth.html

• Dilworth Relay Telescope

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins