Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Ray Tracing Programs

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Joe/">Joe on December 24, 1999 17:23:59 UTC

: Hi Out there,

: Does anyone know of some Ray Tracing programs : available either as shareware or not at a crazy price? : I'm working on a strange design, : and the primary is done, The blank was free, : but want to be able to make something visual from it.

: It may be impossible to make anything other than a schmidt : camera from it, but i'd love to make something that can be used visually, : And be left a sphere!! I don't even want to think : of parabolizing this beast,, it has a perfect sphere : on it now,, and making it into a parabola would be a nitemare, : never mind the terrible coma I would probably get from it too.

: What is it?

: It is a 18" get this F 1 yep you read right a eightteen inch : f one focal length!1 UG!! Even using a standard foucault tester : on this beast is a nightmare .

: Any ideas guys/gals for a format of something visual that this can : be made into?

: Joe : mayen1@mwt.net

I found a program that looks promising does anyone have any experience with this before I pay for the full blown version? it's at

http://astronomy-mall.com/regular/products/Nova/ultra.htm

it looks pretty cool actually.

Joe

• ray tracing program

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins