Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Aluminizing

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert May on November 21, 1999 21:24:00 UTC

You're going to have to ship is somewhere. BTW, Concord ? I live in Southern Calif. where there is everything available and I have to drive for 2+ hours if I want to get a mirror to the nearest coater (QSP)! I would suggest that you make a box that accepts the mirror (you should make the box anyway as a storage box) supporting it all the way around with toweling cloth and place several layers of toweling on the top and ship it to a coater that's nearby. You may be able to find one in the phone book that can handle the job but don't count on it. You may as well consider anything in the New England area if you're in New Hampshire as you are less than a day's drive from anywhere there.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins