Back to Home

Astrophotography Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Astrophotography | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Welcome (I'm New Here Too)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Chris Pinto on November 4, 2008 05:20:41 UTC

Hi there,

Let me start by saying "hello"! :)

First thing's first.....See if there is some kind of adapter for your camera....Try checking places like www.oriontel.com, or some place like that. I have an old Minolta SLR camera, and I had to look for a T-Ring adapter. This is a ring that screws onto my camera (in place of the lens), and allows me to hook up to my Meade LX10 Schmidt Cassegrain telescope. You may also need an adapter tube, as well.???

If there is something like that for your camera, you're basically good to go.

If not, you can still enjoy astrophotography by using the piggy-back method. ie: A bracket is mounted to the top of the telescope, and the camera mounts to this bracket. It's not the same as using the telescope as your "lens", but, if all else fails, it may be the only method you have.

Even though I have a few digital cameras, I'm not a huge fan of using CCD / Digital cameras for my deep sky photos, therefore, I'm not as knowledgeable as some others may be. (at least in this area)

But, hopefully, this helps you a little bit? :)

Chris

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins