Back to Home

Astrophotography Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Astrophotography | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Electronic Camera?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rick Crockett on August 4, 2007 09:22:39 UTC

Did you ever find the problem. If you put the camera on the scope with no film, open the back and set the shutter speed to 4 seconds. Will the shutter fire and the mirror come up so that you can see through the camera into the scope?

Some electronic cameras will not fire the shutter without a proper electronic cable release when the exposure time increases past a certain point.

I use an old Petri that cost $5 at the swap meet. The shutter closing spring had lost tension when the camera had been dropped so I retensioned it and machined a custom adapter. A simple and cheap camera but I have taken published photos with it.

The electronic cameras sometimes keep you from doing things the old mechanical ones will accomodate. The EOS may require an EOS lens before the mirror will come up and expose the shutter to possible damage. You may have to lock the mirror up or find some other work around...or go buy a $5 swapmeet camera.

Luck,
Rick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins