Back to Home

Astrophotography Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Astrophotography | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Results

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jake Rogers on November 28, 2002 02:19:21 UTC

Daniel,
My response and thanks are late because I was waiting to get back a second roll I shot through my LX200 GPS. I followed your instructions and I had no problem with developing the film. However, my Leonid shots came out poor because there was just too much light. Some shots at the end looked like they were taken in the middle of the day. My other roll came out alright. I have some good moon shots through my Lumicon UHC filter that turned it a light rusty color. I also got M42, M1, and some open clusters. I had two problems on this roll. One was focusing. I can only see the very bright objects through my viewfinder and it makes it hard to focus. How can this be made easier? The other problem is in some exposures I have light trails, where it looks like the light from the stars just runs across part of the exposure. I figure it must me caused by me touching the scope or it moving some other way. Am I right in this assumption?
Thanks again for your help,
Jake

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins