Back to Home

Astrophotography Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Astrophotography | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Be Prepared....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Kip Crawford on October 27, 2001 23:11:08 UTC

There are T-C adapters for camcorders, only if the camcorder itself can accomadate to the adapter. If not, you'll need a rig to "shoot" afocally. Hopefully the camcorder is light. You'll need to compensate for weight and balance and make darn sure the LX200 drive system can handle the weight. CCD rigs which are used on these scopes (i.e. LX200's) are very light. They can handle certain weight is used with an SLR camera. You'll need a Tele-Extender and even possibly a focal reducer to reduce vignetting at higher powers. Some of the "higher" end Vid-cams for telescopes are designed for this very thing. Usually your more conventional camcorders can be used, but modifications or extra brackets will be needed. I tried afocally coupling my camcorder to my G-8 just to see if I could do it...couldn't. Too heavy and if I compenstaed with other weight, it gave my drive motors a hernia. Though the LX200 is a stout scope, weight and balance is a major factor you need to consider. Good Luck!!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins