Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Pedophilia

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by K. Young on June 17, 2001 17:46:32 UTC

Someone brought up the term Pedophilias, and I am compelled to state my view on this topic. Loosely speaking, a desire for sexual 'things' involving children, is DEADLY wrong:
1} The general public (the majority) agrees that we should protect and care for the children, 2} as Mary Midgley, the British philosopher says that Pedophilia is "Yuk Factor", which is based on our deep down judgement -- both mind (reasoning) and heart (feeling). The sense of disgust is NOT irrationality, but rather an essential part of our moral survival. 3} Children are still in the stage of developing, physically, emotionally, psychologically, mentally, socially, and whatever. If you plant a tomato seed, would you harvest/eat the tomato when the tomato is still plain green and the size of a pea? [probably a poor example, but I hope you get my point]. Children have things to learn first, and should be protected from being exploited by pedophiles. 4} Children are NOT born to satisfy the pedophile's lunatic needs. They are NOT commodities. 5} It's unnatural. If, say, 'Mike', insists that he is genetically predisposed to acts such as mutilating and killing toddlers upon seeing their smiling, since the smiles on their faces turn him on. Would it be acceptable to any of you? If there are many more lunatic 'Mikes' in this world, is not humanity in great danger of extinction? [although some may wish us to be exinct but that's another story].
I apologize for being too wordy, but do you get my point?

PS: Please keep in mind that I do not own a pc, therefore I have limited access to computers.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins