Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
(hiding Head In The Sand)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on December 4, 2003 14:48:27 UTC

Hi Kyle,

I'm glad we're having some rational conversation at last. I don't like to discuss people's beliefs and personalities, I don't think those are good subjects for discussion. From your first posts I had the impression that you were interested in the same kind of nonsensical diatribes Mike is so obsessed with. My apologies for getting you wrong.

But that doesn't mean I like you! *

Why are we unnecessarily confusing the issue by categorizing answers as either simple or complex?

(taking head out of sand...)

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa...

"Mirrors don't make celestial objects look bigger, you can take that for granted."
I agree. I never said they do. But I wouldn't necessarily take that (or anything else) for granted.

You do take a lot of things for granted, you just don't realize it. But that's a subject for another thread, another time.

I've had a few days with free time so I've been posting here a bit, but I'll be away for a while so I may not be able to contribute as much as I'd like for the next little while.

I'm glad you came back, even though I regret my bullish behaviour of a few weeks ago. LIke you, I'll be going away soon, but I'm not sure I'll come back. Sort of. Read my post at the top.

All the best to you, and best wishes for the holiday season.

Aurino

* before you accuse me of plagiarism, that line was said by the Yul Brener character in the movie Cool Runnings. If you saw the movie you know what I mean. If you didn't see the movie, do yourself a favour and rent it. It's hillarious,

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins