Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Only Concern About 'going Global'

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on June 5, 2003 05:16:26 UTC

Is that at one time we could export our way out of a recession. That is, if our economy tanked, we could build products cheaper (lowering dollar) and export more to other nations (and this especially was true for other nations importing to the U.S.). If it comes to a point to where globalization really picks up steam (which I see no stopping point), then we risk putting ourselves into a pickle if a worldwide stagnation economy occurs. Also, there is increasing pressure for 'outsiders' to feel they should have a say so in a country's internal affairs (e.g., economic policy), and that's a troublesome development that could lead to world war or large regional wars. I remember the last election hearing citizens of other countries saying that they should have a right to vote for American presidents since America's policy not only affect America, but the whole world. How true that has become even more so since 2000. I wonder if the voting right was given to other nations to vote for American presidents, how many would re-elect dubya?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins