Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Mommy, Where Did God Come From?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on May 29, 2003 20:06:22 UTC

~~In 10^50 years (roughly ten trillion, trillion, trillion years), the universe will have completed its stage of proton decay, at which point, we could perhaps plant the seed for the next cycle of universal life. Perhaps a previous meta-consciousness has already done so-- and our existence, and our process of 'becoming God' is a result of their work.~~

Pretty interesting.

So God begat himself, he is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. In speaking of "the previous meta-consciousness" you make a reference to "time" (previous) but in the vastness of a time scale 50 orders of magnitude greater than mere "human time scales", the concepts of "previous", "before", "then", "thereafter", (and especialy considering the causual loop of I create myself) become utterly meaningless. Therefore God, or meta-consciousness, exists outside the realm of time (or spacetime) and is eternal, omnipotent, and omnipresent. We are merely witnesses to the process of him "becoming him", and are part of the process which will ultimately repeat.

Omega less than 1 equals open universe; omega greater than one equals closed universe (excuse my disregard for using actual mathematical symbols), implying collapse and perhaps a big-bounce and big-bang all over again whereby God creates himself all over again by means of a mathematically precise process we refer to as "universe" or "physics".

I'm totaly questioning the logical validity of the bible so I hesitate to make reference, but I do recall it refering to God as "the tree of life" and man as the branches. Sinners were withered branches and good people flourish with green leaves and fruit (good deeds). In that case we're to the universe as branches are to a tree, and the tree (i.e. universal consciousness, or God) can only survive if its foliage (i.e. human race and perhaps alien races) remains healthy (doesn't go extinct). But then again the vastness of space and separateness of "other worlds" (i.e. planets or entire galaxies) will make a mass extinction utterly impossible, therefore God cannot die and the chain is never broken. The universe will realize its existence inevitably, and will come to terms with different levels of realization (i.e. higher orders of consciousness and intelligence) until, basically, God simply becomes.

I always though it funny that God refered to himself as "I am" without "finishing the sentence". But I take it, that is the whole sentence. Afterall, who could he say he is other than "he is".

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins