Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
K

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 28, 2002 22:05:55 UTC

"1) That we have free will?"

Yes we have free will. We are not robots desgined to worship God. That is obvious because you have chosen not to. I have.

"2) That God has a plan for this universe, and can see the future?"

I good question which has been the subject of many debates, and many christians believe differently. I'm not sure what Aaron is going to say, and I'm not sure he will agree with what I say. But, here is what I believe.

"If your lot in life is preordained, by what right does God predestine you for an eternity of bliss or suffering?"

I believe God can see the future. But I do not believe our lot in life is preordained. Bear with me here. God gives us a choice. Either to accept him or not to. He does not force us into either. We have the choice in what to pick. But, I believe God knows what we are going to pick. That does not mean he predestined us to go to heaven or hell, like I said, its our choice, but he knows what is going to happen.

"To punish someone for wrongs that they commited through no alternative on their part requires a god so arbitrary and cruel that it defies imagination."

No alternative on there part? Why is there no alternative on their part? God does not force anybody to do anything. He simply knows what is going to be picked.

"The Fundamentalist view of God is that of a sadist and a tyrant, designing humans with flaws they cannot escape from and then punishing them for it."

Cannot escape? I have escaped my flaws by asking God to forgive me. It's your choice. Hope that is what you wanted :). KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins