Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
US Media Serve Other, Less Scientific Interests

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on January 3, 2002 19:34:50 UTC

Ya wrote:
"in high powered lasers, the USSR engineering was much better than ours once they started doing something they never stopped; whereas in the USA, funding was off and on, over and over The US just gave up on all that research and technology

( no argument )

The decisions were made by politicians.
Who helped choose politicians?

Let's see...media. I don't want to open a can of worms, and I won't be participating in any further discussion about it this week. Alexander, of course, said news organizations are "irrelevant nonsense" in a discussion of science and God. In his country, media had no power because they were government's medium for directing and soothing the people. Here, they seem to have a more "DIVERSE" function . . .
(not elaborated)

My 1,700 pg. 1966 dictionary does NOT define "media" as Press or Entertainment. It's a an old region of Iran, or plural of "medium."

In reality, our media has more clout about science than you, and most media persons probably know more about high school popularity wars between persons with mediocre test scores than they do about science. And about half of radio is right here.

I do love them...but sometimes they don't know right from wrong.
My second law of the Rise of Civilizations:
"If one does not investigate thoroughly why failures occur, an opinion about them is probably as good as the failures."

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins