Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Nothing

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on January 3, 2002 00:21:55 UTC

Alex,

When you boil down Dick's 'thesis,' there is really nothing there. At least, nothing profound.

You check out his website, and for awhile you actually think (at least, I did) there is really something profound here, and I can't wait to find it!. But there is nothing there. This is why it's so aggravating dealing with Dick.

You ask him about it, and he can give no concise answer. Is this because his work is so revolutionary that there simply cannot be a concise explanation of it? I mean, even Democritus, Galileo, Darwin, and Heisenberg could have easily summed up their repective ideas. Why can't Dick?

It's simple, really -- there is nothing to sum up. If you tell him this, and push the right buttons, he'll call you an idiot and run away (the truth hurts, after all). Then, relying on the very nature of his presentation (i.e., confusing, rambling, & circular), he claims, "You simply do not understand!"

"Everything can be expressed with numbers!" Well, duh. "Everything is either an object, or an action!" Well, duh again. "Labels are meaningless!" Thanks for the news flash.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins