Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
This Is True

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on October 15, 2001 17:11:38 UTC

I very much doubt that an interstellar race would use radio as a method of communication between stars. It's way way too slow. So similarly I doubt they would use radio to hail other systems.

Something I think is interesting, is that in the billions of years life had to evolve on earth, only one species evolved to the point where we could wonder about these things. And quite often, increased intelligence is not caused by evolution (sharks, coelocanth, crocodiles) I think it's possible that if life did evolve elsewhere, it hasn't, or even won't, evolve intelligent life. But if we are the most advanced race in the galaxy, let alone universe, we are in deep trouble. :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins