Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
We Are The World... Do You Remember?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on September 22, 2001 05:37:01 UTC

About ten or so years ago a group of musicians, Huey Lewis, Stevie Wonder, etc. got together and sang a song called "We are the world". I'm sure you remember the song well. When I heard that song, actually seeing the video, it gave me chills inside. The only thought that went through my mind was "I only wish".

Well I have seen that song come to life this last few weeks. It's a real living thing, It's here.

The unity that the world has shown, for the victim's families, for the fallen heros, and for the rescuers, who with every moment of their time, search for life through the rubble and smoke of tragedy. The unity has gone even further. Even before President Bush spoke in front of Congress, the American people, and the rest of the world, we, all of us, have congregated together to banish terrorism, resuscitate and preserve peace, and preserve life. I have not seen one person, group, or organization who hasn't wanted to help in any form or fashion they can.

President Bush's words will forever be etched in my memory, and his sincerity, spoken with conviction, will be etched in my soul. I am proud to be part of this great nation and group of nations who wish to stand behind and uphold the movement of peace and the preservation of life. This is not just an anti-terrorist action, it is the paradigm shift of all paradigm shifts with respect to peace. If war is inevitable, which it probably will be, it will yield many losses of life. But I am sure, that as each life is lost, those who have perished will know that their memory will not just be held in their family's hearts and minds, but in our world's continuing breath of life and longevity for generations to come. Oddly enough, I always imagined that the next war we were going to get into, as contradictory as it may sound, would be called "The Peace War".

I have hope, and I truly have the faith, that our efforts to abolish terrorism, will succeed, and hopefully to follow, will be everyone's efforts, to get along, and find ways to resolve and respect our differences, and then appreciate them. In peace.

The time is now. Don't you think

I do.

Thank you very much. May peace be with you. I hope you and your family stay safe.

Robert Gregory Garfinkle

United States of America

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins