Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hey, Bruce

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jim Bergquist on June 1, 2001 01:11:53 UTC

I found the paper by Wood and Moreau rather interesting. The fact that the coupling coefficient is dependent on mass makes it easy to confuse the Higgs field and the gravitational field, suggesting a possible unification as indicated. In conformal gravity theory the anomalous acceleration is treated as a correction to the Schwarzchild field.

What is the source of the Higgs particles? They may be a component in cosmic rays which contain some of the most energetic particles known. Some Higgs particles are thought to be a relic of the Big Bang. Why does the Higgs field decrease as one goes nearer to the sun, i.e., what accounts for the gradient? Are densities decreased due to a "stretching" of the space-time continuum near the sun or is there an decay of the Higgs particles?

Wood and Moreau have not proven that the anomalous acceleration is actually due to the Higgs field but rather that such an acceleration is consistent with their theory. They just showed how their theory can be fitted to the data. It is not a proof that there is not an alternative explanation or that it is the sole explanation. I think that we need to determine the three dimensional structure of the field that produces the anomalous acceleration.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins